Friday, February 1, 2013

Reached


Reached is the last book in the Matched trilogy by Ally Condie. I loved Matched. I didn't like Crossed as much. I was really hoping for a great ending to the great beginning and the lukewarm middle - I got it. I loved Reached. It was quick paced, well written, and more complex than the other books in the series.

When I first read Matched, I thought the series may be on par with the Divergent series. Turns out I was wrong. While the trilogy was good and worth reading, it was no where near the complexity of Divergent.

When I finished Crossed, I didn't really care what happened next to the characters. Thankfully, Reached made me care again. She did a good job of separating some of the love triangles in a way that I didn't grieve when they didn't end up with their love.

And like the other books, this one will go straight to my 8-year-old to read. It does have a hand full of "damn"s, but other than that, it's appropriate.

All in all, the series was not great for an adult. Not enough dystopia. Not enough political explanation. Not enough details about the Otherlands. However, I love that it's appropriate for a younger audience. I just don't think I'd recommend it to another adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment