Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Loving Frank



All I knew about this book going in was that it is a fictionalized novel about Frank Lloyd Wright and it was recommended to me by a friend. I read about 55 pages and then put it down.

I really don't enjoy reading books with adultery. I can tolerate it somewhat if the book has a high moral outcome. And by that I mean the guilty stop the affair, confess, and recommit to stay faithful to their spouse.

Loving Frank does not have that message. I got through page 55 before I decided to look up the book on Wikipedia. Once reading the themes, I decided to stop reading the book. I'm not interested in reading a book where it seems moral to leave your spouse to be with your lover. I won't get into details on the bad (or good) the feminist movement had. However, I will say that muddling faithfulness to your spouse and breaking your marriage vows just be cause  of XYZ is not a high point for feminism.

I don't recommend the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment