Friday, February 15, 2013

Unwholly


Unwholly is the second in the Unwind series by Neal Shusterman. This book is definitely more Sci-Fi than Unwind; you can probably tell by the cover. That's Cam. He's a rewound - meaning he was created not born. Like Frankenstein. Anyway, this book has less to do with character development and more to do with the plot.

With dystopian novels, I've realized that the plot matters, just not as much as characters that are well developed who you care about. This is what makes me love the Divergent series better than the Unwind series. I care more about the characters in Divergent. They are better developed. They aren't as archetyped. They are all a little less predictable than in the Unwind series.

That being said, I loved Unwholly. It is more though provoking and political than Unwind. It was a great second book in the trilogy and it makes me long for Unsouled, which comes out in October 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment