Monday, May 6, 2013

Don't Go


I loved Look Again by Lisa Scottoline. Interesting, the book review I did is my most popular post. Her latest book just came out - Don't Go. I had high expectations for this book and let me just say that I was disappointed. I didn't want to be. And I tried to not be. But I just was.

The style of writing was similar to Look Again, but not quite as well written. The twists and turns weren't nearly as interesting, exciting, or surprising as in Look Again. And the story line was ho hum.

I don't regret spending my time reading it; it's good. It'd be a good beach read. And I think men will like it since the main character is a man and there is a lot of military lingo and action.

The plot is about an Army doctor who is a month shy of his release when he gets word that his wife died in a household accident. The very first chapter of the book opens with what happened, which was fantastic. Scottoline's opening was strong.

The novel is about Mike and his infant daughter, Emily and how they reunited, if they reunite, and some other interesting plots along the way.

And while the book started out really strong, it ended in a fizzle. There was a nice bow wrapped up at the end and much of it seemed very unrealistic. There were two characters in the book that end up in a romance, but there's no development that got them there.

Don't Go was too formulaic for what I expected and wanted from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment