Thursday, May 9, 2013

Me Before You


This review will be short. Me Before You is one of those books I just can't say much about because knowing too much will spoil the book's effect for the reader.

Macro scale speaking though, this book is about the lives of two people - Louisa Clark, a 26-year-old woman who has yet to leave her parents' home and find herself and Will Traynor, a privileged 34-year-old man who has a new challenge in his life. The book is about if Will can overcome that challenge with the help of Louisa.

It's a romantic comedy of sorts, though it wouldn't be if played on the big screen. It'd be drama all the way. But the writing is clever. The characters are precious. The ending is well, I can't tell you that. I'll just say I loved it. And for those who know me and my book loving ways, you probably know how this book ends.

For anyone in a book club - you must read this as it would lend to amazing discussion on a controversial moral issue (again, not going to say which one). The range of emotions I felt when reading this book was broad. This book and the characters in it will stay with me for a long time.


No comments:

Post a Comment