Thursday, May 23, 2013

The Orphan Master's Son


Beautifully written, yet still tiring to read. Johnson did his research. His insight into North Korea, while I don't know how accurate, is amazing. I can only imagine what North Korea is actually like, but when I do - it's something like The Orphan Master's Son.

As interesting and well written as this book it, I still didn't finish it. It wasn't engaging enough. There wasn't a smooth enough flow from story to story. I put this book down because I didn't have time to read, and when I went to pick it back up, it felt like work. And there are too many good books to read to force myself to finish one. I can't recommend this book to many people. Maybe if you are really intrigued by North Korea and unspeakable evil. Or maybe if you like well researched books and don't care as much about character.


No comments:

Post a Comment