Monday, April 15, 2013

Requiem


This review is mixed. I really enjoyed the first 2 books in this series. And so I had high hopes and expectations for the last book, Requiem. It started out fine. The love triangle angle was working well. I would have said the book was good. A page turner for sure.

Then as the book progressed, the story really didn't. The build up of the resistance wasn't well written. The end of the book was rushed. The love triangle wasn't really resolved. I like the guy Lena ended up with (obviously can't say who here), but how she got there was rushed and not well developed. And there was no resolution between Lena and the other guy she didn't choose.

Overall, the series was good. The 2nd book in the trilogy, Pandemonium, left the last book so much potential. Sadly, Requiem just kind of fizzled out a bit because of the rushed ending and the love angst. I'd still recommend it as a series though.

No comments:

Post a Comment