Thursday, November 8, 2012

Delirium and Pandemonium


I am apparently on a dysopian/futuristic book kick; I've read the first two books in yet another trilogy that is dystopian. The Delirium trilogy by Lauren Oliver, which is along the same lines as The Hunger Games trilogy and the Divergent trilogy, has occupied my life the past week.

Delirium is about a society in which the government has declared love as a sickness. There's a cure for it, but that procedure can only be done when people turn 18. So, they separate boys and girls until then. And of course, there are some who do not want to be "cured". Enter the Resistance. And book 2 in the series, Pandemonium.

This book follows the lives of the Resistance and by the end of the book, the reader can sense the beginning of a revolution.

That's all I can say without giving away too much.

Here's what I think about this series:
* I'd recommend them, especially if you liked The Hunger Games.
* Out of the other dystopian trilogies (The Hunger Games, Divergent), this one is the weakest in the story line and the writing.
* These books start off a little more juvenile and soft, but end up better. So, if you start the book and don't love it, keep reading. It gets better. Especially by the end of book two.
* The last book in the trilogy, Requiem comes out in March 2013 and I. Can't. Wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment