Thursday, January 17, 2013

Falling Together


I have read one of Marisa de los Santos other books, Love Walked In and enjoyed it okay. And even though I haven't had much success liking more than one book by the same author, I decided to try Falling Together. It's about three college friends who stopped seeing each other after graduation. Six years later, two of the friends get an email asking for help from the other one. Falling Together is the unfolding story of why one friend may need help and the possible romantic attraction of the other two to one another.

It's a beach read...quick, easy, interesting, not complicated. And after the heaviness of One Thousand White Women and the intelligence of Rules of Civility, I needed an easy read.

The story is interesting and the characters are fine, but the book as a whole is forgettable. I had to push through the first quarter of the book because it's a bit confusing. The back and forth of time periods and the introduction of new characters in different time periods made me think too much. But once I stuck it out, I was rewarded with an easy read.

I'd recommend this book if you want an easy to read page turner with little substance.

No comments:

Post a Comment