Sunday, December 23, 2012

Tigers in Red Weather


Tigers in Red Weather by Liza Klaussman got rave reviews. So of course, I started reading it. The story sounds interesting, the writing was fine, the characters were intriguing. I stopped reading. Why would I put down an interesting story, written fine (at least as far as I got), with interesting characters?! The language. I can handle many things in a book but I refuse to tolerate taking the Lord's name in vein. Sadly, this book just had too much of it - 2 on the very first page. So, I put it down which is just a shame since I think it would have been a good one.

Here's my message to anyone who will listen - you don't need raunchy to sell books (or anything for that matter). An interesting book will remain interesting without too much. Too much language. Too much sex. Too much violence. Good writing does not include raunchy.


No comments:

Post a Comment