Monday, March 4, 2013

The Secret Keeper


Oh. My. Word. One of the best books I've read all year. Kate Morton's The Secret Keeper is a page turner (except for maybe about 10 pages in the middle of the book, where it gets a little tedious). It's one of those books you don't want to know much about as you read it.

It is shocking. In a good way. In a I-totally-didn't-see-that-coming way. The book goes back and forth between 2011 and the 1940s (for the most part). It's the uncovering of a family secret. The mother, Dorothy, has dementia and is on her death bed. Her eldest daughter, Laurel, is trying to uncover what happened when she was 16 and saw a horrible incident. It's a detective book, where the reader gets to try to figure out the family secret along with Laurel. And I guarantee that you won't see the end coming. Although interestingly, there is one clue in the book that I didn't catch. If I had, I wouldn't have been so surprised by the ending (if anyone reads the book and knows what I'm talking about, email me!).

The writing is good, the characters are interesting, but the story and the surprises are what makes the book fantastic.

READ THIS BOOK.

No comments:

Post a Comment