Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pastwatch: The Redemption of Christopher Columbus


This a good book. Just not my kind of book. There is a lot of history and geography - two things I am learning to love but am not there yet. And when I realized that it's the first book in a series, I knew I couldn't make it through all the books; I quit reading about halfway through.

It's a sci-fi, futuristic book about the people on Earth doing something so bad that destroys much of the people. I didn't get far enough to know, but probably something like global warming. In any case, the people of the future create a machine that lets them go back and watch history take place. And then one of the scientists discovers that one woman in the past saw the future scientist in her dream. This gives the scientist her life long goal of going back in the past to stop slavery from ever happening.

If it weren't for the copious amounts of history, I would have kept reading. So, if you love details about history and you love this genre, read it!


No comments:

Post a Comment