Friday, March 13, 2015

The Goose Girl


Guilty Pleasure confession: I love fairy tales. Brothers Grimm are some of my favorite people.

The Goose Girl is about a Queen who sends her princess daughter off to the surrounding village to marry the prince there. As a gesture of friendliness and political peace. She is sent on the 3 month journey with soldiers and her lady-in-waiting. All did not go as planned though and by the end of the journey, the princess is on the run for her life. She ends up as a Goose Girl, taking care of the kings geese.

As far as fairy tales go, this one is excellent and I would highly recommend this book. I let my 4th grader read it and she loved it. There is some violence in it, so beware of that.

The story was great (I guess we can thank the Brothers Grimm and not Hale for that), the writing was great (thanks Hale), and it's a great retelling of the original.

No comments:

Post a Comment