Tuesday, March 31, 2015

The Forgotten Sisters


I didn't read The Princess Academy though its supposed to be great. I picked this up to make sure the series is still appropriate for my 10 year old and just to get a pulse for the kind of books she likes (she loved The Princess Academy). Apparently she and I have similar tastes. This was a really cute story and I love the feminist theme running throughout all her novels. I appreciate that the female characters in here are smart but without making the male characters dumb. They are empowered. And they can do things men can do and sometimes better. I love that they are strong role models yet have soft hearts and are honorable. Great book and I highly recommend for upper elementary girls.

This is about Miri having to leave to be a tutor to the King's cousins, Astrid, Felissa, and Sus. They live in a swamp and have learned to fend for themselves, even though they are royalty. It's a well written and creative book.

No comments:

Post a Comment