Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Forest Born


This is another Shannon Hale YA fantasy novel. I am really enjoying these even though they are pretty shallow compared to other YA novels. It's more like an in between of YA and Juvenile. But this one was also appropriate for my 4th grader, so there's that. It's the fourth book in the Bayern Series.

It's about a girl, Rin, who doesn't know who she is. In the emotional and self-realized sense. She's grown up in the forest and had a special connection to trees. Her brother is Razo, who we've seen in the other Bayern books, Enna Burning and The Goose Girl and River Secrets (I will read this one soon).

So Rin goes to the city with Razo in hopes of fixing what feels wrong in her. She ends up working in the palace with Isi and the others from Enna Burning. There is more war on the horizon, so she travels with the Queen to go try to stop it. Selia is back in this book (she got away in The Goose Girl, which we don't find out until this book). And of course, Rin saves the day.

Overall a great book and I'm enjoying the series. It's nice to have a series both me and my daughter like.

No comments:

Post a Comment