Monday, December 29, 2014

One More Thing, The Reason I Jump, By Nightfall, Notes From the Internet Apocalypse


One more thing by Bj Novak. Really really dumb stories. And not even in a funny way. Gave up 3 stories in. Don't waste your time on this one.



The Reason I Jump. This is a book written by a 13 year old boy with Autism. I found it to be self-righteous, unbelievable, and simple. The format was question-answer with a few short stories thrown in. It got old but I felt like I needed to finish it in case that ah ha moment come; I even got close. However, I ended up picking up a good book and by the time I had the opportunity to come back to this one, I wasn't interested. I hate to sound harsh, but I think this kid should have had more help in writing the book or waited until he was a bit older.



By Nightfall. I loved one of Cunningham's other books, The Hours so one day when I was perusing the library looking for a book to read, I migrated to Cunningham to see what else he's written. Oh dear. I couldn't even finish this book. Fifty percent of it I don't understand. No, 75%. The actual story line is somewhat interesting. However, the pretentious commentary is not.



Notes From the Internet Apocalypse. Stupid. Poorly written. Dumb. I usually make myself read to page 50 of a book before stopping. I got to 26. And that was about 25 pages longer than I wanted.




No comments:

Post a Comment