Thursday, December 26, 2013

Champion


I have read a TON of Dystopian genre these past 2-3 years. And I am tired of it. So, when I say that I loved this series (especially this last book of the trilogy) it has some weight. Legend was the first. Prodigy was the second.

The book got off to a slow start for me. I felt that Lu tried too hard in the relationship between Day and June and it felt inauthentic. Although now that I finished the book, her build up of relational tension makes sense since you need to feel a certain way for the end to count emotionally.

Champion is a clever book politically. And I felt the balance between the political angst and the relational angst of Day and June was good. There are interested characters throughout the novel and interesting plot developments.

If you enjoy other books in the genre, you will love this one. The ending was well done as well. Not tragic like Allegiant. Not happy like The Hunger Games. A good balance of beautiful sacrifice that will make you cry, but not leave you heavy hearted.

No comments:

Post a Comment