Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Revenge Wears Prada


I enjoyed The Devil Wears Prada years ago when it came out. It's just your usual chick lit, but with a unique plot. I decided to read the sequel that just came out and it was just okay. Nothing to write home about. Not good literature. No great new plots. Just an okay book.

It's been 10 years since Andy left Runway. The book starts off a little confusing because it doesn't end where the first left off. Instead, Weisberger backtracks throughout the book to tell the whole story, which was well done. There are new love interests, new fashion fiascoes, and of course, same old Miranda. Some of the conversations were drab. Some of the explanations were drab. And some of the plot was drab.

I do hope this turns into a film, like The Devil Wears Prada. I would be happy to see those characters play out in Revenge Wears Prada. Similar to the first book, I think this one would make a better film than book.


No comments:

Post a Comment