Monday, August 12, 2013

Letters to Skye


This book gets mixed reviews and I'm not sure I can recommend it. Overall, good writing. Good story, except for one thing: it makes you root for adultery. The overall message concerning love is that you do what feels good. If you find someone you love, you act on those feelings, regardless of your current martial status.

In order for me to recommend this book, the reader needs to be grounded in the moral truth that adultery is wrong. This book will make you want the main characters to have an affair and even might make those less grounded think the right and wrong is blurry and grey. When in actuality, it is very black and white.

The book is written in letter format which I love. However, it's a little unrealistic. Letters during wartime took a long time to get to where they needed to go. But not in this novel.

But it does have a good ending. The novel was just long enough and wrapped up well.

This is Jessica Brockmole's first novel and I do look forward to other books from her, as I enjoyed her writing style.

No comments:

Post a Comment