Thursday, November 10, 2016

Truly, Madly, Guilty


Erika and Clementine have been friends since their youth. Due to family circumstances with her mom, Erika was sort of an adopted child, which made Clementine resentful. Their relationship is a strange one and gets even more strange when Erika asks something of Clementine that she's not sure she can give.

Mysterious enough? The whole book is one big "What is going on?!" which was delightful to read. You know something big is coming and it's not until the very end of the book when it finally does. So, everything that happens you are wondering if it relates to the "something big" or if the author is just toying with me.

Great writing, as always from Liane Moriarty. The book doesn't get as high reviews as I thought it would. But, as I think back through it, the "something big" isn't as big as I thought it would be. The relationships are fleshed out well, but flimsy and seem to fall apart easier than I would expect.

Overall, a great read that I recommend. Just have lower expectations and you'll absolutely love it.

1 comment: