Thursday, November 10, 2016

Night


So, even though this is supposed to be my year of classics, I have taken a break to read some YA for my daughter and some "must reads of 2016" according to Pinterest.

I listened to this book instead of reading it with my eyes and I am very happy I did that. There aren't many books I'd rather listen to, but this one was the perfect choice.

Night is a classic written in the 1960s and I'm calling it a classic. If it's not in that category yet, it will be. It's a memoir about Elie's experience in Nazi Germany. The interesting thing about this story that's different from other ones similar to it, is that his dad is an almost constant point in the camp with him. The horrors of what they went through and saw is unlike any other novel I've read about it (movies don't count, so stop thinking "Schindler's List").

I highly recommend this book to anyone, just be ready for a heavy heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment