Thursday, January 21, 2016

New York


Well, I got half way through this book. It was a great half. And I know if I had the emotional energy and stamina, I'd finish it. It's just really long and not an easy read (but worth the work).

It's a historical fiction novel mostly set in New York from the mid 1600s to the early 2000s. Oh, how I made it to the early 2000s.

It follows one family through the generations in a unique and wonderful way. The author (brilliant person) weaves meetings of distant family who never find out they are relatives. But us readers know, which makes it feel like you are ready family secrets.

Historical facts are dropped in so wonderfully and sometimes expectantly.

Once my little girl wins her battle with her illness (#emmalineforthewin !!) I will try to pick this back up and finish the book.



No comments:

Post a Comment