Saturday, January 9, 2016

Frog


Supposedly this book is about the one child policy in China. However, I got to page 113 and the book still hadn't really developed a plot or gotten to any kind of a conflict to be solved. So, I stopped because it's not compelling enough to finish.

This book is a translation from Mandarin and is set in China, so it's to be understood that all the names are so similar its hard to remember who is who.

The plot is slow, assuming there actually turns out to be one.

I will say that while I never thought about the book during the day, when I picked it up at night, it wasn't unpleasant. Just not good enough to think about and want to finish. Maybe if you really love the Chinese culture and are studious and smart enough, you can get through the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment