Sunday, April 26, 2015

The Short and Tragic Life of Robert Peace


This is an amazing book. I love the hard topics discussed like race, education, poverty, and community. Coming from an early childhood background, I appreciate any book that shows how your childhood affects you in ways you could never imagine. I love all the race relations and observations throughout. Jeff Hobbs isn't scared to make the difficult statements that could come across as racist at first. But once dug into deeper, you see it differently.

The biography is the best bio I've ever read. Hobbs does a great job in putting in facts and figures that matter to the overall story in such a way as to not be overwhelming. I didn't know anything about the book when it was recommended to me. And while it wouldn't have ruined anything to know details, I was glad I didn't know. It was a great surprise to see the connection between the author and Robert Peace.

I highly recommend this book to any and everyone 18 years and older.


No comments:

Post a Comment