Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Paper Towns


According to a Pinterest list, this is a must read before it turns into a movie. So, I read it.

It's about a teenage boy named Quentin and his neighbor Margo. The novel starts off with the two of them seeing something tragic when they were kids. Fast forward to high school and the story picks back up with the two of them. 

This review is mixed. While I could say the book has a ton of depth and would be a great one to discuss that with others, I could just as easily say that the book is forced and the depth is actually not there. The story line is just okay to me. The writing is well, it's John Green. So it's amazing. 

I did love all of the literary references, especially Walt Whitman. And really I think that maybe the book is one big explanation of the poem Leaves of Grass

If you absolutely love YA and novels about high school angst, this would be a great book for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment