Thursday, July 17, 2014

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children



This is the strangest book I've ever read; I loved it! This book is well, peculiar. It's beautiful storytelling and extremely unique. It's brilliant actually.

The author takes real photographs and weaves a story using them. And the pictures are quite strange, haunting, weird, and lovely. The story itself is a classic good v. evil, with a unique twist. I can't say more since this novel is so much more lovely when you know nothing about it.

If you read this book (which you should), just know it's more along the lines of a fairy tale than real life. But so so so worth the read. One of my faves for sure. And there's a sequel and the movie rights to this book have been sold. Which means I'm making a trip to my library and penciling in the date one year from now for the movie. 



No comments:

Post a Comment