Friday, January 3, 2014

Mansfield Park



I really love Jane Austen, although I'll admit that I've only read one of her books, Sense and Sensibility. And I didn't actually get all the way through it. And not because of what you think. See, I've seen almost all the movies. (Mansfield Park is the only one I haven't seen.) So when I started reading Sense and Sensibility, I realized it's exactly like the movie. So I stopped reading and just put on the movie again.

I decided to go old school and actually read the book this time. Well, it was read to me. Audio book is the way to go with this. The British accent alone is worth it. Plus, my guess is that it's easier to follow than reading it on my own.

The story is precious. The language is beautiful. Really, the book is a piece of art. And while it's not her best work, it's definitely worth reading. Now I'm off to watch the movie.


No comments:

Post a Comment