Thursday, November 14, 2013

Dad is Fat


I like Jim Gaffigan. He's pretty funny. Although sometimes I sense that he tries too hard. Anyway, overall he's a funny guy. I didn't know that he had several books already out, so this is the first (and probably not the last) book of his that I've read.

This has mixed reviews. Honestly, this is my first comedy book, so I'm not sure what I should expect. It's a funny book, some of the time. It's old some of the time. He uses some similar jokes throughout that get a little old.

It's not one of those books that you want to read cover to cover without putting down. It's a great book to read just before bed though since the chapters are super short and not related to each other. It would be a great book to read when you're reading other books as well. I have lots of friends who can read multiple books at the same time. I am not one of those people. I read one book at a time. In fact, once I tried that reading style and picked up 3 different books to read at the same time. They are all still unread and I've read countless books between then and now. Just not those 3.

Back to this book. I'd probably give it a 4 out of 5. But only if you have kids. If not, don't even bother reading it because it wouldn't be funny. Just scary.

Bottom line, I'd recommend this book if you need a break from heavy reads. Or if you just like to laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment