Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Where We Belong


I know, I know. Emily Giffin. My perception of her has always been that she's the John Grisham for women. The Max Lucado for Christians. When a book is popular, it's probably a good book. When an author is popular, she's probably written too many books and they are all mediocre. Or she has a really good marketing team. At least that's my book snob perception.

I have seen Emily Giffin books in Target every time I'm there. Front and center. The books never appealed to me since there seemed to be a new one every 6 months, which in my mind meant they were probably poorly written.

I saw this book at a friend's house and decided to borrow it. I respect this friend's opinion regarding books and she said it was alright. Not great, but not bad.

And she was right. It's a quick beach read. Nothing deep. Nothing superb. Nothing that will win her awards.  The characters were good. The story was fine. It was fluff at its finest.

No comments:

Post a Comment