Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Under the Never Sky


Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi is yet another dystopian, futuristic novel. It's a little different from what I've been reading in the sense that it's more Sci-Fi. Very similar in style to The Matrix in that it's virtual reality. But dystopian as well because the government engineers the realities including genetic make-up of the people.

This book is the first in a yup. You guessed it - a trilogy. I'm not exactly sure why trilogies are the hot thing. The Hunger Games. Divergent. Delirium. Legend. And the film industry is even turning the movie The Hobbit into a trilogy. Sheesh.

Anyway, back from my tangent. This movie was good enough to read if you're into this genre. There's good and bad. Love. Death. A crazy kid. And cannibals.  Sounds lovely, right? I think I've just discovered why I like this genre of book: redemption. I love stories that seem impossibly hopeless, but are redemptive in the end. And while Under the Never Sky is just the first installment, I'm guessing all will end well in the end. Otherwise, no one will make a movie out of it and the author doesn't become as rich.

This book is good enough to read if you like Sci-Fi, but if not, probably don't read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment