Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Anna Karenina


So, I'm on a classics streak. For the rest of the year I am going to read classics, unless I have a really good reason to read a non-classic.

So, I read Anna Karenina for the first time this summer. While I skimmed some of the politics and farming details (which is totally ok to do by the way. I used to feel bad and "less cultured" because I skimmed some parts of books. I don't anymore. So, feel the freedom to skim away the parts you don't want to read!), the book was amazing. I highly recommend it.

Okay, I don't think I need to give an overview because 1. it's a classic and 2. it's memorable. That being said, I have a terrible memory, so I will recap a little.

Old country Russia. Aristocracy. Affairs. Beautiful clothes. Farm. Unrequited love. Forgiveness. Suicide.

Amazingly written. Beautiful story and language. Literary genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment