Friday, December 18, 2015

Find Me




This is about a girl who ends up in a lock down hospital because she showed she was immune to a disease that makes you forget things, then die. They did tests on her in order to find a cure. 

I heard about this book on NPR. Most of the time, their recs don't steer me wrong.

This one did. The writing was just okay. It had potential to be a great book, but was just ho hum. The characters were weird and not the quirky kind of weird that I think the author was going for. 

Plot had potential but either moved too fast or too slow. Not enough buildup of plot anticipation before revealing something. Almost like stream of consciousness. Over half way done and I wanted to quit. I ended up skimming the rest of the book to see if it got better and if the ending was worth plugging on. It wasn't.

I decided to look up the review on NPR and decided I think I will trust them again on their recs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment