Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Split Second


This is the sequel to Pivot Point. Which I thought was a great book, just not quite appropriate for my 10 year old. I'm still on my "reading through the YA section for appropriate modern fiction" thing.

Split Second is all about Addie's best friend, Laila leaving the compound to help Addie with some troubling stuff happening outside the abilities community. Unfortunately, it's one of those books where if you didn't read Pivot Point, this one won't make much sense. Even more unfortunately, is that it's appropriate for my 10 year old. 

I felt like literary speaking, this book was more of a stretch and a little more forced that Pivot Point. I loved the characters less and while I somewhat cared about them, I didn't fully care. So, it was not as good of a book as the first. That being said, if you want a really quick and easy beach read that's clean, this is a good book for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment