Thursday, May 15, 2014

Rasputin's Daughter


I now know more than I ever cared to know about Rasputin. This dude was crazy sick. This book is really about Maria, his daughter and his life is seen through her eyes, thankfully, as it lessens the blow of evil.

While this was a good book, readable, well written, organized well, good characters, and interesting, it is very dark and sexually explicit.

The character development is very interesting. I started out really liking Maria when she was naive and didn't know what her father's real character was life. But as soon as she saw some things her father did, but failed to speak up or put a stop to it, I rapidly grew to dislike her. But I still respect her for some things, which is why I continued to read it.

If you are interested in reading about the crazy Rasputin this would be an entertaining book to say the least.

2 comments:

  1. He is the most fascinating character history has ever produced. Can't make this stuff up.

    ReplyDelete