Friday, September 20, 2013

The Shadow of the Wind


Oh. My. Word. I loved this book. It was beautifully written. The characters were very well developed. The plot was amazing. It's one of my favorite books. It has a similar feel to The Book Thief, so if you enjoyed that book, you'll like this one, too.

It's about a boy, Daniel, who discovers a book that he loves. When he goes to find more books by the same author, he finds out that they have all been destroyed. Daniel starts researching the author and finds there is a big story there. He becomes detective with the help of a homeless man turned friend.

That's all the detail I want to give since part of the beauty and joy of reading this was not knowing much about it. My one caveat is that some of the characters get confusing at times. But I think that's because I didn't read it very quickly, but over a 2 week period. If I had read it faster, I don't think I would have forgotten the secondary characters as easily.

I highly recommend this book! Read it!


No comments:

Post a Comment