Monday, October 8, 2012

Love Anthony


I have a favorite author - Lisa Genova. She's newish to the fiction novel scene; she just released her third book, Love Anthony. What I love about her is that she's actually a scientist. She has a lot of letters behind her name, which makes her very qualified to write about the subjects she writes about: Early Onset Alzheimer's, Left Neglect, and now Autism.

Love Anthony is about a mother with a child with Autism. And another mother who's husband is having an affair. And how their lives intersect. I loved it up until the end. It then became a little too spiritual hokey. I won't go into details because I don't want to spoil it for others. I'll just say this: being a Christian changes the way I read things. If I don't believe in something, it's hard to love the book because it's lost some authenticity for me.

That being said: I recommend the book. Lisa Genova is a fantastic writer. If you've never read any of her novels, find Left Neglected or Still Alice and read one both. And Love Anthony was just as well written. The way she gets into the head of a child with Autism is astonishing. It gives the child a voice and whether it's accurate or not, it touches your heart.

All-in-all, I enjoyed it enough. I love how Genova intertwines the lives of the women together. And most of all, I love the redemption throughout it.

No comments:

Post a Comment